These are some of our favourite places to eat in the city.
- Forkys. This is a vegetarian restaurant. We aren’t vegetarian but we think the food here is lush. Really reasonable, centrally located and also has good wifi (have worked from here a few times). You’ve got to try the burgers and sweet potato fries!
- Cà Phê Cổ. My favourite Vietnamese restaurant. The food is delicious and the interior is really lovely. I always try to get a table with the swinging chair. Best dished are the pho and the Hoi An chicken and rice.
- Another good Vietnamese is Go. This is more of a street food / fast food place. Yummy and reasonable.
- Running Sushi – this is a restaurant with a conveyor belt of sushi and other asian dishes. You can eat as much as you like for around £15/person (depending on what time of day you go). It’s not my favourite but my daughter loves it here. It’s in the mall so good to pop into if you’re shopping.
- Jakoby I haven’t been to this place yet but it comes highly recommended and is central.
- Soul Bistro Has lots of great reviews and is featured on the Brno tourist website.
- If you’re looking for a restaurant that’s a but posh then I’d recommend Pavillon. We happened to be in Brno for our wedding anniversary so went there for a meal and it was really good food. It was more expensive than the other options given above but still good value. Do have dessert here – was really yummy!
- Bavard comes highly recommended by several people who have been to Brno for IVF. Just be aware you may need to book to get a place for lunch.
- WafWaf is an American style diner serving waffles and crepes. If you want to indulge in some very sweet desserts then this is the place to go.